2.14.2012

More Love Letters

I wrote my first love letter this morning. No, not the mushy gushy ones like we all wrote to our crushes (but never sent). Not one to the Boyfriend. Not even one to my first love, coffee. ;) I'm talking about a love letter to a complete stranger.
I stumbled across this website the other day 
If you want to know all of the details, it would probably be easier for you to just visit the site. But the general idea is this: you sign up to be on the email list. Each month, the people behind this movement send out the name and story of one person who really needs love letters. You write a letter to this person and send it to More Love Letters (they give you their address), then MLL collects and sends a huge bundle of letters to the person for that month. 
They also encourage writing love letters and leaving them in random places, like taped to a bathroom mirror or on a park bench. These love letters aren't pushing the fickle, over-exaggerated, showy "love" that we so often see nowadays. It's a simple love for the people around you. A love that God's Word encourages all of us to have.


"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 
By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 
Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us."
{1 John 4:7-12 }


Even if you choose to not believe in God, showing love to those around you each day is without a doubt the best way to live your life. Besides, leaving all of these secret notes and knowing that I'm putting a smile on someone's face today is giving me a rush. I think I'm off to write a couple more...but before I go here's one for whoever reads this:


Dear Reader,
I may or may not know you, but you're reading this blog post right now. And believe it or not, I check my blog at least 3-4 times a day to see if anyone has read or commented on what I posted. And every time I see that someone has, my heart leaps a bit. I love each and every person who takes the time to read this blog. You seriously make my day. You're beautiful, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing this website!

    PS. I check my blog multiple times a day too, and it also always makes my day when I get new comments :) I think we can all relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no love like Love Himself. Jesus.
    Great post and wonderful idea. :)

    http://murraymayberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete