10.03.2011

I'm back...sort of.

image courtesy of weheartit.com

Wow, it's been more than a month since my last post, and I've missed blogging like crazy. I miss trying new recipes, taking way too many photos of food, and trying to think of clever things to say (haha). So I'm back to the blogging world. This semester has been my most challenging to date. A lot has gone on (physically and emotionally) with me during the last 8 weeks, but I believe that I've come out a stronger person. I have good days and bad days, but I'm determined to live by that quote in the photo at the top of this post. I have fear (a lot of it actually), but I have decided to live as if I have none. I will be content with what I have but also strive to do more. I'm trying different things and building up the weak parts of my life.

I'm going to start blogging again, but want to let everyone know that the Brown Sugar Brunette doesn't just cook up a yummy potpie or bake a mean batch of brownies. Now that I'm living on my own, there are so many more things to write about than food. I know it may not be the most original idea, but I've decided to take this blog in more of a general "college lifestyle" direction. I feel like blogging will be a lot more enjoyable for me this way, and readers can still get a lot out of it.

But for you foodies, don't fret. I'll still be writing about my culinary adventures in (and out) of the kitchen. A lot. Because honestly that's the most enjoyable part of my day sometimes. Actually, I've got to head off to an Honors breakfast right now. One of the perks of being an honors student at a private college is the WONDERFUL free food. :)

Have a marvelous Monday!
<3 Lauren

PS: Go check out Today's Creative Blog for an AWESOME Sharpie Giveaway! It's amazing what you can do with those things nowadays...

No comments:

Post a Comment