10.07.2011

Wanderlust

Wanderlust:a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about

I was talking to someone about my college experiences the other day, and she asked me if I've ever studied abroad. I've rarely even gone out of the state. That's what I get for living in Texas, where the closest out-of-state experience is like 3 hours away (and that's just to Oklahoma or Louisiana). But that conversation definitely got me daydreaming about travel. Our school allows for a lot of study abroad, but of course it's pretty expensive to do so. And right now that's not really an option. But a girl can dream, right?

Then I got on Groupon last night (love Groupon) and clicked on their "getaways" link. Did you know that Groupon does vacations? Well they do. And the prices make me wanna pack up my stuff, hop on the next airplane outta here, and take a mini vacation from school. Here are some of the places I'd go right now if I could:

Canada
I don't know if it's the lure of cooler temperatures or the fact that hockey season has started (Go Stars!), but Canada has looked especially appealing lately. If I was going to begin travelling out of the country any time soon, I would definitely start with Canada. It's close to the US, and, depending on which province you go to, most of the locals speak English so you don't have to worry about a language barrier.

Toronto, Canada at night 

Niagara Falls from the Ontario, Canada side


New England
Specifically, Maine. Again, the idea of being somewhere with a REAL fall is oh-so tempting. I've always wanted to spend Fall in the Northeastern states, with the gorgeous foliage and weather that warrants wearing knitted sweaters and cuddling by a bonfire. I would love nothing more than to find a cute little bed-n-breakfast and cozy up there for a weekend sometime. 

Camden Harbor, Maine 

The harbor at sunset *sigh*


Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
I've never been much of a Cancun girl. It always makes me think of trashy college Spring Break parties. But a lot of places in Mexico would be waaay off limits for me because I know absolutely NO Spanish. After seeing the photos of Cabo San Lucas, however, I feel that this is the place for me. Gorgeous blue water, clean beaches, and lots of pampering...yes, I could definitely do that.

Casa Dorada Resort

Massage table by the ocean (all photos courtesy of Groupon.com)


This is only a small part of my list...I could go on forever (told you I've got the travel bug!). There will definitely be more locations to come. Have you been to any of these lovely places? If you could jump on a plane and go anywhere right now where would you go?
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment