3.27.2012

Dandelion in the Spring


When reading the Hunger Games trilogy, this quote at the end of Mockingjay really stuck with me (as well as with the other girls who read it I'm sure haha). This is how I sometimes think of the relationship between The Boyfriend and I. There have been times that I have gone to him ranting and upset, and he says exactly the right thing to calm me down. Likewise, I'm try to always be there with a soothing word and warm hug when he's having a rough day. 

It took me a while to decide what quote I wanted to use for the art above my couch, but I happened to see the above image on Pinterest and knew immediately that this was the one. Now I just have to buy nails long enough to hang the canvases on.

{The Process}


{The Product}

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of how these turned out. After painting them, I must say I'm a bit addicted to canvas art. With a freezer paper stencil it really wasn't that difficult, and now I want to create more so I can change them out every other month or each season. I'm already thinking of which one I want to use for summer.

Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Love your crafting! It's so much fun, I wish I had all my supplies with me at school (: and you definitely picked an amazing quote to put up there - I'm obsessed with The Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete