11.15.2011

Deck the Halls

I know it's only the middle of November. I know we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet. I know it's still in the 70s (yay for Texas winter). But I still want to decorate for Christmas. I bought my very first Christmas tree from Michaels last week. It's 4 feet tall and was only $20 on sale! I just couldn't pass that up. And of course it has multicolored lights (I'm not a fan of the white ones). I will probably be setting it up this weekend before I go home for Thanksgiving break. I know some of y'all may want to shoot me right now, but what's the harm in a little bit of early holiday cheer? With the amount of work I will be facing in the last few weeks of school, I'm definitely going to need it. 

The only problem I'm facing is this: I still need ornaments to go on my tree! I bought 2 boxes of clear glass ornaments in hopes that I can transform them into something pretty. I'm just so indecisive. Should I go with a theme? A specific color? Do I want designer or homey? I'm leaning towards eclectic, but since I haven't actually bought anything yet I'm constantly changing my mind. Here are a few adorable ornaments from Pinterest that have caught my eye:







You know I couldn't get away without showing a coffee one for me (and a hockey one for the boyfriend). The best thing about these ornaments is that they would all be pretty easy to make. There are even tutorials for some of them! I know what I'll be doing to procrastinate the next couple of days...

Tell me about your Christmas tree (or trees!). Do you have a theme? Is it the same every year or do you tend to switch things up? I'd love to hear your ideas! :)

my tree and fake snow waiting patiently to be put out

No comments:

Post a Comment