1.29.2012

X's and O's

Valentine's Day is seriously one of my favorite holidays. In elementary school I loved picking out the perfect box of valentines to give to my classmates. Some years me and my mom (mostly my mom) made them. I meticulously decorated my white paper sack, and skipped around the classroom to deliver my lovelies. One year, I made a special one for the boy I liked. It even had hand-cut confetti in it. My classmates teased us mercilessly. Needless to say, he didn't want to be my Valentine. Like almost every other girl, I went through the "I hate V-Day" phase. Yes, I even called it "SAD-Day" (Single Awareness Day). So dramatic. But I'm over that now and have reclaimed my love for this grand holiday.
I still think that the corporations have taken things a bit far, and that the holiday isn't all about boys buying expensive stuff for their girlfriends, and that it shouldn't be the only day you show your love. BUT - I think it's nice to have a day set aside to dedicate to not only your significant other (if you have one), but all of the people who hold a special place in your heart. 
Well now that my rant is over, I give to you some of my FAVORITE V-Day pins!


 




Also, Kori at Blonde Episodes is having a V-Day Giveaway that I'm very excited about. Go check it out and enter to win a lovely Poshlocket heart bracelet! <3



Finally, to fill your cuteness quotient for the day...
So precious. Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. the shoes are amazing! we might have a v-day exchange at work, and those mustache lollipops would be so fun :)

    ReplyDelete