1.25.2012

Finally, a recipe


I haven't blogged a single recipe yet this year. My mom cooked for the family almost the entire time I was home on vacation (a full month!), and when I did cook, I didn't feel like taking photos and writing about it (call me lazy if you want, but I was hungry!). But finally, after what seems like forever, I made dinner for the Boyfriend and I this weekend. We're both trying to eat healthier, so I'm trying to be cautious about what I make for us. However, I convinced him that these aren't really that bad for him, and they even have spinach! It wasn't too difficult to get him to agree. ;) 

I found this recipe from What About Pie on Pinterest, and since I'm actually trying to do the things I pin I figured this would be an easy thing to start with.

You only need 4 basic ingredients
*Frozen bread/pizza dough (I used the roll of canned dough from Pillsbury)
*Mozzarella & parmesan cheeses 
*Olive oil
*Italian seasoning 

I added to this
*Pepperoni (you can use this or other meats)
*Raw spinach (it cooks when you put it in the oven)

Even putting it together is simple. 
1. Roll out your dough into a square
2. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning
3. Add cheeses
4. Top with meat (and other ingredients)

5. Roll it up
6. Put it in the oven and bake 
What About Pie suggested 350 degrees for 15-25 minutes, and mine took 20 minutes at that temperature. Set your timer but be sure and watch them. They'll be browned on top and slightly crunchy when you touch it. 
7. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes, or until cooled
It's going to look delicious. You're going to want to try it. DON'T. Just let it sit. You'll thank me later when you don't have a scorched tongue. :P
8. Enjoy your yummy pizza rolls. We dipped ours in some homemade marinara from my freezer and had them with a tossed salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment