6.02.2011

Pancake Breakfast

Whenever we have a holiday (or one of those rare days when I'm home from school, my dad is off of work, and my sister has no school), my family likes to sleep in and then let me make them pancakes for breakfast. And I oblige, because breakfast is an awesome meal to cook. Time intensive, yes. Delicious, of course.

For Memorial Day, I made pancakes for breakfast while my 3 other family members played Wii. We're kind of a gaming family. Louie (my adorable puppy/"little brother") was with me in the kitchen. He just hopes that I'll drop him a scrap of food in the process of cooking, whether accidentally or "accidentally".

I don't quite remember where I found this recipe, but made these pancakes for the first time on Memorial Day of 2008. After eating them, we declared them to be "Yum-O Pancakes" (I had watched a little bit too much Rachel Ray the day before).

You'll need:
*3 cups flour
*2 tablespoons & 1 teaspoon baking powder
*2 teaspoons salt
*2 tablespoons sugar
*2 1/2 cups milk
*2 eggs
*1/4 cup & 2 tablespoons butter, melted (sometimes I use butter and sometimes margarine, whichever I have available at the time...I prefer butter though)


1. Combine the dry ingredients
2. Make a hole in the middle, and add the last 3 ingredients
3. Whisk together just until combined (It's ok to have lumps in the batter...just be sure you don't overbeat it!)

Then heat up your griddle to 300 degrees and pour the batter on. I use a non-stick one so I don't have to use Pam or butter to grease it up. However, you may have to if your griddle gives you trouble. When the pancake has air bubbles covering the top and few of them begin to pop, it's time to flip the pancake over.

Cook until nice and golden on both sides, then transfer to your plate. Cover your pancakes in butter or margarine, maple syrup, honey, fruit, or whatever else your heart desires! My sister likes me to mix in chocolate chips. My mom likes diced strawberries in hers. The great thing about this recipe is that it's a great base for any add-in you wish. Personally, I like bananas.


*Makes about 20 medium pancakes

1 comment:

  1. i like its.
    i want backlink

    http://herbs-for-beauty.blogspot.com
    http://herbal-medicine-therapy.blogspot.com
    http://manshepherd-s.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete