6.09.2011

Cakepops!

My mom finally broke down and bought a Babycakes cake pop maker from Kohls. It was regularly like $35 but she got it for under $20. Yay for sales and coupons!

CP-12
Here's the cake pop maker...adorable huh?

You can do anything with these: any flavor of cake, brownies, donut holes, even hushpuppies!
We decided to use our new machine for the first time today 

I mixed up a box of white cake mix just like it says to on the box (3 eggs, 1 1/4 cups water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil).



Then I poured a big teaspoon of mix into each section of the mold, closed the machine, and let them bake for the specified 4-6 minutes.


When I lifted the lid this is what we had:


12 lovely little cake balls! (minus the one I ate before I took this photo)

One box of cake mix made about 6 dozen or so yummy little cake balls. I left the sticks out because I didn't have any available, and because they were just for the family. The only "downside" to the machine is that the bottom half of the cake ball is darker than the top half, and if you don't fill the sections enough they won't be perfect spheres. But other than that, this machine is great.


I would definitely suggest getting the BabyCakes cake pop maker. But good luck finding one. The company doesn't produce very many, so each store only receives about 3 or 4 at a time. Add in a sale, and these babies go pretty quickly. If you can snag one though, you won't be disappointed. They're lots of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment