6.07.2011

Crafty Cook

I've never been a particularly neat cook (as you can tell from the mess in my "during" photos). I usually end up with some of whatever I've been concocting on my clothes. But after getting chocolate pudding on my floaty, cream-colored, favorite skirt, I decided that enough is enough. I went to the fabric stash in my closet, and with a pair of old ripped jeans and fruit fabric scraps from a sundress my mom made me when I was 6 years old, I created myself a nifty little apron. See?


It has ruffles and everything! (plus cute front pockets to hold my kitchen utensils)


It's definitely not my neatest sewing project to date, but with hand-ruffled ruffles (no ruffle foot, sad day) and an uncooperative sewing machine, I think I did a decent job. Just one more thing to add to my ever-growing collection of kitchen stuff. Now I can cook and look stylish at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment