3.28.2011

Values and Ventures

Hello everyone!

If y'all didn't know, I am a college student in Texas, and my university is having an entrepreneurship competition called "Values and Ventures". The idea is that we have to create a business and include in it some sort of values that we hold. We have to write up a professional 20 page business plan and give a presentation to judges this Friday afternoon.

And of course my business is none other than the Brown Sugar Brunette Baking Company, based on this blog that I began back in January. I think I'm the only "team" (I use that word lightly, because I'm working alone at this) that is not a business major or minor, and that definitely puts me at a disadvantage. But if I win I get $500 and will compete in the national competition. If I happened to win that I would get a $10,000 prize, which would propel my baking dreams into reality.

This week will be one of my most hectic yet, but it will all be worth it if I win. Not only because the money would REALLY help out, but because I can finally say that I went after my dreams and succeeded at doing something super awesome.

Just letting y'all know what's going on in my life right now. Little sleep, many cups of coffee, and of course, LOTS of baking! Look out, because the Brown Sugar Brunette Baking Co. will showcase 2 of our sample products for Friday's presentation on here. HINT: Purple WILL be involved! What more can you expect from a horned frog? ;)

If you'd like to help out (AND I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT), go over to Facebook, look up "Brown Sugar Brunette", and like our page. Then tell your friends to do the same. Then invite people to read/follow this blog. If you could do that for me I will love you forever. <3

Thanks and have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck to you!

    I just "stumbled upon" your blog, hope you will stumble by mine too!

    Amanda

    http://monpetitshoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete