3.08.2011

Creamy or Crunchy?

I'm talking about peanut butter. Personally I like crunchy, because the creamy kind makes the sandwich stick to the roof of my mouth. *shudder* Both my sister and my boyfriend, however, enjoy creamy peanut butter. Which means I don't have to share my yummy crunchy stuff. But for this next recipe I had to go out and get some creamy peanut butter. Since I wouldn't actually eat an entire jar-full if I bought it, I just went to the BLUU (our cafeteria on campus) and got some. Oh, the adventures of an almost-broke college student. ;)

Have you guessed what I made yet?
Yep, peanut butter cookies, fork pattern and all. Special request for the boy. I made them by looking at recipes from a couple of different blogs, but I added my own lil twist.

Reese's mini peanut butter cups (or baby Reese's as I like to call them). My mom sent them to me about a month ago and I STILL haven't finished the bag. I used them in these peanut butter cookies so they wouldn't go bad, and to sneak a little bit of chocolate into the cookies. I'm super stressed out right now because of midterms (eep!), so chocolate is basically it's own food group right now. Yum...

I creamed 1 stick (1/2 cup) of unsalted butter with 1/2 cup of white granulated sugar and 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar. To that I added 1 cup of peanut butter and combined until I had a smooth batter. (I did this by hand but I have no electric mixer...I would suggest using the mixer because I had a slightly sore arm after this haha). Then I added 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to that. Finally I added 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour and mixed everything well.
  

I took small tablespoons of dough and shaped them into balls, then rolled them in granulated sugar and made the signature criss-cross patttern on them. Then I pressed baby Reese's cups into each cookie and baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 12/13 minutes.


They'll seem a little bit undercooked at first but they harden up/cook more once you take them out of the oven so don't worry.


I may or may not have eaten part of that cookie before it was cooled



And there ya have it. Reese's peanut butter cookies. Perfect for late night study sessions (or study breaks!)
forgive him, he's been studying history too long ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment