12.22.2011

Healthy Holidays

It's funny that while y'all are reading this post, I will be in Colorado learning how to ski...or just falling on my butt and deciding to get cocoa instead. Either way, I'm not taking my laptop with me and will have limited internet access. 
I don't know about y'all, but it's difficult to keep up with my commitment to healthy eating habits during the holidays (see the post on gingerbread men right before this one for proof!). I've collected a few recipes that may help you feeling great in between all of the cookies and candy you'll be eating.

First, Zucchini, Carrot, and Cranberry Muffins from Tender Crumb. Use less sugar or substitute with agave syrup to cut back on the sweetness. These look like a great on-the-go breakfast.

Gingerbread "Cliff" Bars from Peas & Thank You. Make one of these for a workout snack that seems naughty but is nice to your body.

Zero Point Vegetable Soup from Kitchen Parade Veggie Venture. If you're counting points with WW (or even if you're not) then this is the perfect soup for a cold winter day.

Cookie Dough Green Monster Smoothie from A Full Measure of Happiness. I am in LOVE with this smoothie, and the spinach in it (I know what you're thinking but it's really good) adds a little boost. Even the Boyfriend is a fan. ;)

There ya go...4 healthy recipes that are pretty easy to replicate in your own kitchen. All of these were originally found on Pinterest, so if you're on health kick (or just trying to recover from the holiday munchies) I'd suggest checking them out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment