2.24.2011

Oui oui

I won't be baking anything personally for at least a couple of days...Partly because of family issues and partly because school is a fun-sucker. BUT I have been looking online the last couple of days and these keep catching my eye.
Macarons!

 According to WikiPedia, a macaron is "a sweet confectionery made with egg whites, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond powder or ground almond, and food coloring. The macaron is commonly filled with buttercream or jam filling sandwiched between two cookies." Sounds yummy right? And oh so French.

They come in every color imaginable and since I've never actually had one, they're definitely something I'd like to try and make. But until then I'll just have to satisfy y'all with a bunch of scrumtious looking photos of some lovely macarons.

 For you Gossip Girls, even Blair and Serena love macarons!


So channel your sophisticated side, find a tiny cute bakery, and buy yourself some Macarons...Or maybe even try making them yourself. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment