5.03.2012

Things that make me feel...

From happenings in the last week or so, I have rediscovered something very important about myself: I am a person who holds in every little emotion (good or bad, mostly bad), because it's hard for me to trust others with them. It's hard to express what I'm feeling because I'm afraid others won't understand. So I just hold it all in until the stress causes me to burst.
This = Not healthy.
For some reason, it's a whole lot easier to express my emotions to a bunch of strangers/readers than those closest to me, so that's is where I'm starting. This is the first of a mini-series of posts on emotions. Each week I will post 5 random things that go with that week's emotion, and I encourage you to do to the same. Whatever it is, good or bad, no judgment here. :)
I'll start with an easy one. Here are some things that make me feel
{Happy}


1. Coffee
Coffee isn't really something I drink for the caffeine anymore. That wore off a few years back ;) It was something special my grandma and I shared, and is a symbol of my "alone" time (I usually drink coffee when I'm trying to de-stress). Today marks a week that I've gone without coffee and I'll be more than ready for a cup tomorrow morning.
And oh yeah, Frappuccino Happy Hour ("Frappy Hour" as I have named it) is back at Starbucks starting tomorrow. Get pumped! 


2. Singing

I used to be in choir in high school, and it was a huge chunk of my life. When I got to college I was in choir for a semester but it just wasn't the same. Now I sing in the car, while I'm vacuuming, sometimes even when I work out (to the annoyance of the super fit girls running beside me). But I long for the day when I can sing in front of people again, when I can perform and have people actually listen. It's something that I'm passionate about, and fills me with a huge amount of joy.

3. Sleeping late/laying in bed on the weekend
Now this rarely happens to me (and by late, I mean 9am...my body doesn't let me sleep late), but this is seriously one of the best feelings in the world. Add coffee (see #1) to this and I'm set. Now if only I had this super cozy bed...

4. Reading romantic stories/Watching romantic movies
There's nothing like a good love story. Katniss & Peeta from Hunger Games (although I know that's not what the series is about blah blah blah...just lemme enjoy their cuteness), Leo & Paige from The Vow, Carl & Ellie from Up - they're all just so great. And there are so many more that tug my heartstrings and make my tummy flutter. I'm such a hopeless romantic *sigh*

5. Making something
If I could just spend all of my money & time on crafting, I so would. It's so thrilling to take a random assortment of things and make them into something amazing. 

There are my 5 things...this is obviously not a comprehensive list (because The Family and The Boyfriend aren't included of course). I could've named off a million and one more things that make me happy. But for now, these will have to do. I'll have a new emotion to share next week. 
Until then, have a lovely Thursday. I'm off to lunch with The Boyfriend, his Mom, and his Aunt. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon honey! I love your blog design. I'll have my Fashion Friday link up tonight, maybe you can link up with me? Kori xoxo

    www.blondeepisodes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. I love coffee myself, as well as romance stories! :)

    ReplyDelete