5.24.2012

Snack Attack


Since I've been home, my parents have been trying to "fatten me up" before I have to leave again. Plenty of desserts, bread, and butter-flavored veggies have found their way into my mouth during the last week and a half. But while I can't refuse my mom's home-cooked dinners, I can fix some healthy snacks to enjoy during the day so I don't overdo it. 
However, I am in total laziness mode now that I'm home. All of the stress and lack of sleep during the school year caught up with me in a big way, and afternoon naps on the couch while my mom watches TV are my new thing. So any recipes I try while home have to be pretty easy. Well this recipe is seriously the easiest, yummiest snack I've ever made. No really. It's pretty rad.

All you do is combine these 7 ingredients in a medium-sized bowl:
1 (15oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15oz) can of corn, rinsed and drained
2 small tomatoes, finely diced
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1/8 cup lime juice
1 tsp cumin (or to taste)
1 tsp garlic powder (or to taste)


Now serve with tortilla chips/pita chips/veggie chips...whatever you desire. Or you can eat it with a spoon like I do. It's quick, good for you, and tasty. What more could you want??
I took a double batch of this to a Bible study the other night with a bag of tortilla chips and it was a huge hit. There wasn't much of it left, which kinda made me sad because a small selfish part of me wanted it all to myself. It's just so good! And I love that I can eat it without feeling guilty. Which is more than I can say for those pecan pie bars sitting in the kitchen right now. I will resist, I will resist...

No comments:

Post a Comment