4.12.2011

Snack Attack


When the horned frogs went to the Rose Bowl in January, my mom made all of these snacks for us to eat while watching the game. One of them were these seasoned crackers. I call them CRACK-ers, because they're addictive. Seriously. They're yummy. I'm making them again so that I'll have something to snack on while studying. Because I've got LOTS of studying to do. :P


When I looked online for these, I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com. The only changes I made were substituting the dill weed for Italian seasoning, and using half olive oil/half veg oil. Oh yeah, I also added 1/2 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes. The seasoning didn't stick to the crackers very well and I'm not sure why...I'll just have to make them again to figure it out. ;)

Ingredients

  • 1 (12 ounce) package oyster crackers
  • 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
  • 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
  • 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
  2. Whisk together the oil and seasonings; add crackers and toss to coat evenly.
  3. Spread evenly on large baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Stir after 10 minutes and continue baking 10 minutes more.





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment