4.18.2011

Rawwrrr

Tonight I felt like making cookies. After a quick run to Target after dinner for chocolate chips (among other things...I can never leave with just what I went in for), I made MONSTER COOKIES! *insert scary growl here* Except I didn't have many MM's (forgot them at Target...boo) so they're really just giant chocolate chip peanut butter oatmeal cookies. But since they're ginormous, I will continue to call them Monster Cookies.

I kind of just threw the ingredients together, which I think is kind of the point with these cookies. Some people add coconut, others dried cranberries, ect. But I kept it simple.

I creamed 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter with 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup of white sugar.



To that I added 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1 medium egg, 2 teaspoons of baking soda, and 1/2 cup of almond butter. Then I mixed in 2 cups of quick oats (you can use the old fashioned kind if you want) and 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.



Then I folded in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. I rolled the cookies into 1 1/2 inch balls and pressed a pretzel MM into each one. Then I set 8 of them on a baking pan and baked them for about 12 minutes at 350 degrees.



Quick and easy Monster cookies for monster-sized cravings. RAWR! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment