9.07.2012

One reason why I love Elf

No, I'm not talking about one of these guys:



I'm talking about EyesLipsFace, an awesome makeup brand that is actually affordable for even the tightest college budget. I recently ran out of my favorite mascara (Maybelline's LashBlast, which is also pretty awesome), and for some reason decided to try something new. Maybe it was the fact that there was no makeup on sale at Target...$9.00 for some black goop in a colorful tube? No thanks. Anyway, I found myself wandering over to the ELF section, where I found this:


No, not my tea, although it was pretty good too. It's ELF mineral mascara for only $3. Not a typo. I bought it with a hint of skepticism, wondering how well a $3 mascara could work for my lashes. But then I put it on and realized that it's pretty dang great. See the proof below. 


Sorry my before photos are a bit blurry. I think it's a combination of an old camera, incompetent user, and barely-there lashes. But you can tell it definitely made a difference. BTW all I'm wearing here is the mascara. There's something about makeup-less closeups that makes me shudder. So y'all should feel blessed that I shared these.

Anyway, my conclusion is this: ELF mineral mascara will not make you look like you have falsies. But it's perfect for day makeup, and I'm sure with more coats (this was only one coat...seriously) it could become more intense. It swiped on easily and I didn't have any problems with clumping. The color was nice and dark. For $3 I'll definitely be picking up another tube when this one runs out. That is, unless I find another treasure in Target. That seems to happen to me a lot. 

It's been a super busy week, but after 1 more hour here at work I'll be free for the weekend. Mine included a Blake Shelton concert with The Boyfriend last night. Of course I forgot my camera. Dumb. Tonight we're hopefully going to pick up an adorable baby dog. Then tomorrow is the horned frogs' first football game of the season AND first in our gorgeous renovated stadium! I'm excited for what the next 60 hours has to bring. :)
Anyone else have exciting plans? 

4 comments:

  1. I use Shiseido mascara because it is a flexible volume mascara that creates a natural-looking curl in my eyelashes. I purchased this at https://www.boutiqueken.com/cat/beauty-eyes/pro/464264.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha nice funny image above i really appreciate your work and thinking as well because these think unique in the world is not an easy task .Hi my name is walder and i am working with one of famous company AOL probably your know about that company as technical consultant i am also providing help to those who are not able to solve their email issue. so what i do is people contact me via phone call at aol 800 number and i provide solution over the phone call. Lets talk about your blog it is really helpful for those ladies who love makeup even my wife told me about your blog then i reach to your blog. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful blog with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for Printer in Error State Windows 10 solution,
    then you need to have a look at our detailed techniques for how to fix printer in an error state windows 10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In this blog you will learn how to connect epson printer to wifi if you are unable to epson wireless printer setup, follow some instructions,
    If still facing issues like how to setup epson wireless printer,

    ReplyDelete