5.07.2011

Sweets

I had all of this baking stuff in my dorm room (eggs, cake mix, vegetable oil) that I didn't feel like toting back home. But I also don't want to just throw it away. That just seems blasphemous.

So I made cake-ish cookie-ish brownie-ish treats for the RAs and office workers in my dorm. I really should work on this naming thing. But just look at the pictures. Aren't they delicious looking? And they were pretty easy, too.


I made the brownie batter according to the box (adding 1 egg, 1/3 cup water, and 1/3 cup oil for "fudgy" brownies) and separately combined the cake mix with 1 1/4 cups of water, 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, and 2 eggs.


Then I poured a big spoonful of brownie batter into the bottom of muffin tins. I would suggest using a 9 x 13 pan but the one in our dorm kitchen "mysteriously vanished" much like the can opener from the other night (I can't wait to be in my own apartment with my own utensils...boo). I also sprinkled white and semisweet chocolate chips on top of the brownie batter.


Then I poured the cake mix on top of the brownie batter, but not all the way to the top of the muffin tins.

I popped them in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees while I made caramel drizzle. I took 3/4 cup of caramel bits (you can use regular caramels), added 1/4 cup of whole milk and 1/4 cup of brown sugar, and slowly melted it on the stove. After completely melted, I let it cool while the muffins finished.


Then after the muffins were cool, I popped them out of their pans and drizzled the still-warm caramel sauce over them.


Who knew store-bought mix could taste so good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment