1.28.2011

Feels like the first time

Everyone knows that I bake a lot. Brownies, cookies, cakes...But I don't cook actual meals while I'm at school. Maybe that's because I live on a college campus where I can get free food if I walk 5 minutes to the BLUU. Maybe that's because I have limited money, and therefore limited supplies to work with. Maybe I'm just making excuses. But that all changed last week. I made my first meal in my dorm's kitchen for me and my boyfriend. And I chose chicken parmesana from this recipe at Delightful Delicacies . So without further ado, here are the results from the night.


The recipe was pretty easy to follow, and being the little experimenter that I am, I made a few small adjustments. Most of them were simply for convenience (using bagged frozen chicken breasts instead of fresh ones) or because they were cheaper (using already shaved parmesan instead of an expensive block...remember I AM a college student). But I followed the recipe pretty closely other than that.


I served the chicken parmesana with a salad (bagged...gasp!) and some yummy rolls I got on sale at the bakery section of Kroger.

Final Price: a little less than $15. Not bad considering we would pay at least that much (probably more) if we had gone out to some Italian restaurant (take that Olive Garden!). And as a plus I had a very satisfied boyfriend who was more than willing to pay me back in kisses. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment